Special Olympics Sweden Invitational Games 2020 is getting closer and closer. In less than a week it’s time for the greatest sporting event for people with intellectual disabilities in Sweden.
– It feels really good, says Gerda Nilsson Tjernström, Games Director.
What was supposed to be the warm up is now the main event. Special Olympics Sweden Invitational Games 2020 is only days away and Gerda Nilsson Tjernström is looking forward to the games.
– Even though we had to cancel the World Winter Games in Sweden, we are really looking forward to the Special Olympics Sweden Invitational Games 2020, she says.
– The entire local organizing committee is committed to making this event the best possible.
The international delegations will arrive to Åre Östersund Airport on January 28th. The days following, they will get to know the region through the Host Town program.
– I’m really looking forward to the first international delegations arriving to Åre Östersund Airport.
After Host Town it’s Games time – with the opening ceremony, town activities, divisionings, Healthy Athletes and competitions.
– I hope that the athletes, coaches, volunteers and spectators will get a fantastic experience. I also hope that the event will get a long lasting effect and that we will be able to continue working with the public health investment.